Monday, August 6, 2007

So Many Ideas, So Little Action.

Make Money Online--So Many Ideas, So Little Action.
I was in Starbucks this morning. As I was leaving with my coffee, I looked over and saw a friend sitting at a table. He had his lap top open. He saw me and invited me to sit down. I hadn't seen this friend in six months.
"How's it going?" I asked.
"Great. I'm working on my internet businesses."
I noticed he said 'businesses' plural. "You have more then one business going?" I asked.
"No, none of them are up and running yet, he said sheepishly, "but I have alot of ideas."
I knew where he was coming from. I was there myself at one time. "How many business ideas do you have right now?"
"About 15."
"Have you taken action and worked on any of them yet?"
"No, no. Not yet. It's all in the planning stage."
I nodded. I explained to my friend that I used to be the same way--I had 50 business ideas and I hadn't made any money yet. I had alot of ideas, but wasn't taking action on any of them. I told him that my life changed once I focused on one thing and took action on that one thing everyday.
My friend said he was in the 'planning' stage. I think planning is great. All of us need a good plan. The danger in 'planning' is it can trick you. When you're 'planning' you feel like you're taking action, but you're really not.
Same with coming up with ideas.
Just this morning, while I was in the shower, I thought of a great idea. I was pondering it and pondering it and getting more and more excited about it.
Then I stopped myself.
I realized that if I started working on this idea, it would take focus away from what I was working on right now. I wrote the idea down in my notebook. Maybe in a year I will start working on this other idea. But right now I know where to put my focus.
Folks, ideas are easy to come by. You and I could sit down right now and come up with 50 of them. That's not what's important. What's important is taking one idea and working on it. That's what counts.
I would rather have a mediocre idea that is worked on, then 50 excellent ideas where nothing happens.
Don't get me wrong. I have written about the importance of thoughts. I know that all great inventions and progress have come from ideas. However, John Wanamaker, a great merchant of yesteryear, often said, "Nothing comes merely by thinking about it."
I used to be like my friend at Starbucks. When I discovered the internet, I was filled with a bunch of ideas. After a year of coming up with all these great ideas, I looked back and realized I hadn't even made $10 online.
That's when I decided to focus on one business and work on it everyday.
I admit, even now the hard part is staying focused. There's always the temptation to get sidetracked by all these other ideas, all these new ebooks with the newest business opportunity, ect.
Then I realize that now I'm living the life I want to live. I'm making good money and working from home.
Folks, it's all about ACTION.
Focus on one idea and take action on it.
You'll be surprised with the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

use full detail here. thanks for blog man.

Anonymous said...

This post is useful content. i use this article for increase my earning. Thank you very much.